Sunday, September 06, 2009

Off To A Ring Of Stone

Avebury today apparently. Home of a rather splendid stone circle and a pub dedicated to UFOs. Sounds great. Weather looks OK, too - cloudy but no rain. I'll try to remember to take my camera.

An unconvincing win for England - who don't dive of course - in a pretty much meaningless match last night. Defoe was good off the bench and is looking like he's really trying to make it hard for Don Fabio to leave him out of the starting line-up come Wednesday. The defence, on the other hand, played with an arrogant laziness that somehow always seems to blight teams with John Terry in them when they're winning. This needs stamping on IMHO.

Weird sausages for breakfast today - giant Lidl's ones but I'd bought rendered turkey rather than rendered bovine and I have to say they leave a strange taste in the mouth. Still, there's only five of them left now. Perhaps Tig will drop round, I'm sure she'll eat them.

No comments: