Tuesday, September 15, 2009

As You Were, Then

Eduardo's two-match ban has been overturned in a largely-expected U-turn in the direction of common sense. He'll now be available for tomorrow's CL game away at Standard Liege, which is excellent news for us. That game could seriously do with being the start of a winning roll.

Elsewhere the Adebayor bitch-fest continues, with Kolo Toure now claiming Adebayor was pushed out of the Emirates to bring in some cash. "I know it because I was present" he says. Perhaps he's Adebayor's financial advisor or something. My once-considerable respect for Mr Toure is diminishing at a rate of knots, I have to say.

Tonight's champions league matches involving English teams both look like they might be worth taking a peek at: Chelsea are at home to Porto and the Manchester Red Devils travel to Besiktas. Oh, and there are a quite extraordinary number of replays on in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup.

It's a tad muggy today and I'm finding it an effort to get motivated. More tea is probably the answer, so I'll give it a go.

No comments: