Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Friday. Keep Telling Me It's Friday...

I had an interview this morning, a follow on from the session in Bristol last Friday. How did it go? How can I tell? I did the best I could, I really hope it was enough. Anyway, I've another tomorrow, so it's time to prepare for that.

After the interview I came home/went back into town for a tour of the agencies with Mad Dave, who's once again one of Gordon's Happy Clan. There are a couple fewer agencies than the last time we did the round and those that remain are largely hanging on by the skin of their teeth or by the sheer good nature of their staff. One of our fave places in the former category ("that's the job, there, in the window") is still just about there, but (like a lot of the others) is relying on the "outbound charity calls" stuff. It's awfully sad that that should be the sort of work that survives a Gordon Browning: it really does seem tasteless in the extreme to be pulling the "you may think you're badly off, but look at this lot" trick when you're only doing it for profit.


Don't let those other cards deceive you, this is "The Job".

But Mr Sun had us putting our hats on and surely it did shine on Mad Dave. We revisited one of the better agencies that we went to when he was last looking for work (one that doesn't deal with the likes of me) and they pretty much signed him up on the spot. There *are* openings out there, and indeed more than there were only a few weeks ago, but you've got to be the right shape to get through the holes, as it were. Limber up, dudes.


Dave'll be pleased, then.

I'm now about to start work cooking the most awesome burritos since time began, or at least since the last time I made them. Then an early night, I guess. For the rest of you, the weekend starts here. Enjoy. Make it count.

3 comments:

Fishlet said...

Oh no sounds like another Matty concoction - yummy !!!!

Git Mohair said...

Eh? My burritos are famed. And much better than my Stilton and Honey Baguettes.

Fishlet said...

Yummy, can't be any better than my old honey, cream cheese and peanut butter baguette in T.Wells ! My current fav is Tuna Mayo, cheddar cheese and green olives !