Saturday, September 26, 2009

Let's Make It Interesting

I've never understood this "betting makes it better" thing. If you need to bet on sport to make it worth watching, perhaps you should be watching or doing something else? Nonetheless, I've offered some predictions on other games this season so I'll continue with today's away trip to Fulham.

This is never, well certainly not in recent years, going to be an easy game and we wouldn't be the first to come unstuck there. It's also a 17.30 kick-off, which I don't think seems to help us much. We've got AA23 and TW14 back though, which can only help. MA1 is still out. Come on you Vito! My reckoning? 2-1 to us, but it won't be pretty. Interestingly (or not, you may not be as sad about this sort of thing as me) this is also Lawro's prediction. I have no idea whether this is a good or a bad thing, but he's been getting quite a few of the results right of late (if not the actual scores).

The Kilburn Krew are up this weekend for a few beers, a bit of sightseeing and no doubt some more beers. A visit to the Myrtle Tree might well be in order, Andrew being a real ale man. Hangover prediction? Moderate to darkened room, I think.

Enjoy your weekend!

Update: We've got Liverpool in the next round of the Carling Cup. Bring it on!

Full draw:

Blackburn v Peterborough
Manchester City v Scunthorpe
Tottenham v Everton
Barnsley v Manchester United
Chelsea v Bolton
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Arsenal v Liverpool
Portsmouth v Stoke

Crikey, there aren't too many games in there you'd pay to see!

No comments: