Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Here Comes The Silly Season

Thankfully we've got the World Cup this year to divert us from the usual summer transfer speculation, not, of course, that it'll actually stop said speculation. At the moment it would appear that the majority of the Arsenal first team are on their way to Spain. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see AC3 go there (and I'd be more than happy if he did) and I fully expect to see TH14 there but there's bugger all point in worrying about it all, what will be be will and I'm convinced we're going to have a fine team for next season come what may. We could always draft in some of the women's team...

World Cup wise it seems Rooney's injury is worse than at first believed. I wish people would give up on any idiotic ideas of taking him to Germany (see previous World Cups for examples of this sort of folly) and come up with a decent alternative plan. Relying on The Giraffe is not such a plan, IMHO. Take Fowler and be done with it.

2 comments:

Git Mohair said...

OK, my choice, FWIW:

Robinson

G Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, A Cole

Carrick

Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole

Fowler

Git Mohair said...

And the Arsenal team I expect to see for the first game of next season:

Lehmann

Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Clichy

Gilberto

Beckham, Fabregas, Flamini

Van Persie, Adebayor